Here’s a quick script for resetting SDL Studio 2017. It could be helpful for troubleshooting SDL Studio.
A couple of notes:
- To use the script with newer versions of Studio, please rename the “188.8.131.52” folder in the path to match the version number of the current Stuio version you are trying to reset, e.g. “184.108.40.206”, “220.127.116.11”…. “xx.0.0.0”.
- Alternatively, removing the version specific folder from the path altogether, will effectively result in the reset of all installed versions of Studio.
Originally I’ve created the script for personal use, as a quick and easy way to reset Studio for troubleshooting purposes, and it is therefore therefore not as robust as it could or I like it to be. Here are some of of the functionality I always wanted to add but never go round to it because it wasn’t a priority:
- An Options List so the user can choose his or her version of Studio out of the last 2 or 3 versions of Studio;
- A more reliable error checking and reporting function to alert the user if the reset had failed;
- Potentially a preliminary check to see if Studio is running in the background and closing Studio in before proceeding with the reset if it is already running;
- A way to revert back to the last configuration before the reset if the Reset didn’t solve the problem.
Should I ever get around to updating the script with any of the above functionality, I’ll update this post. Please feel free to improve the script yourself, and I’d appreciate if you could share the improved version with me so I could post it here.
Download the .bat script to reset SDL Trados Studio file.
Some programs or security features might prevent the script from being downloaded. In this case, or you want to edit its content yourself, please copy and paste the following code snippet into a text editor and save it as a .bat file.
@echo This script will Reset SDL Studio. It is strongly recommended to manually save all open work in SDL Studio and close the program before you proceed.
@Echo Resetting SDL Studio 2017...
ren "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\18.104.22.168" "22.214.171.124_bak"
ren "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\126.96.36.199" "188.8.131.52_bak"
@echo Studio has been reset. This window will now close.
Leave a Reply